15 Tips for a Successful Prom
Well Prom season is dawning so it's time for the all important tips to ensure that you have a fantastic night! My Miss 15 had her Year 10 "Formal" toward the end of last year here in Australia, which is similar to the US "Prom" so we have our first foray into this area, with another to come toward the end of next year!
Shopping for dresses, shoes and jewellery, practise runs with hair and makeup,all make for lots of fun for both mother and daughter.
- Don't go overboard with the makeup. Remember sometimes less is more.
- Use power eyeshadow, not creme based. Creme gets stuck in the creases of your eyelid and is not really suitable for long lasting wear.
- Either lips OR eyes...not both!! Choose which feature you would like to emphasise.
- Wear waterproof mascara, we all know how teary girls can get when they all get together!
- If you have chosen high heels, practise walking and dancing in your shoes before the event.
- Remember to take lots of tissues with you.
- Don't forget to take your lipstick for touch ups later.
- Accessorise with jewellery. Make sure you purchase your dress first and compliment it with the jewellery, not the other way around. The dress is the feature, not the jewellery.
- The longer the dress, the more formal you will look.
- Buy shoes that are comfortable as well as looking good. You don't want to have to kick them off half way through the night.
- For bargains on prom dresses, have a look in the second hand shops, after the previous years prom nights. A lot of dresses end up there after only being worn once.
- Pick an easy hairdo. One that you don't have to worry about falling out as you are dancing the night away.
- Don't stress out if you don't have a date to take. Enjoy the night with your girlfriends!! Don't take someone just so you have a date. You might discover as the night goes on that you really don't have that much in common and you don't really like him. You will be stuck looking after him all night and not having any fun yourself.
- Don't forget to take lots of photos. The night will fly by in a blur, so it will be nice to have something to look back on in later years.
- Above all HAVE FUN!!!