Beauty Tip of the Week – Do you want Pimple Free Skin?
- Never pop or pick at a pimple. You will just end up spreading the bacteria from one part of your face to the other.
- Wash your hands thoroughly before touching your face.
- Wash your face morning and night with mild medicated soap. My girls love Johnson’s “Clean and Clear” products, particularly the Foaming Facial Wash. I use it also and it really seems to clean the skin very well.
- Eat a healthy diet loaded with fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Exercise and work up a sweat for at least 1/2 hour 3-4 times a week. Sweating will clear out your pores and get rid of dead skin cells.
- Don’t wear too much makeup and foundation. It will clog up your pores and make your skin prone to breakouts. Make sure you clean all makeup off at the end of the day before you go to bed.
- Have a skin care routine and religiously stick to it. Cleanse, tone and moisturise twice per day, make it a habit.
Quick tips to get rid of that persistent pimple
- Ice:- Will improve circulation to the affected area. It soothes the skin and will reduce inflammation and redness.
- Lemon:- Use real lemons, not bottled lemon juice. Apply the juice to the pimple before going to bed. In the morning wash the skin well.
- Honey:- Honey has antibacterial properties. Dip a swab into the honey and put it on the affected area. Leave it on for 1/2 an hour, wash off with warm water.
- Toothpaste:- Yep toothpaste!! Toothpaste is fantastic!! Make sure you use the white toothpaste and not the gel based. Dab on before going to bed and wash off in the morning.
- Bi Carb Soda:- This works just like the toothpaste (funny that). Make up a paste and leave it on the pimples for approximately 1/2 an hour then wash off thoroughly.
- Steam:- Steam is great for the skin!! It opens up the pores and helps get rid of the dirt and bacteria. Fill a large container with hot water and place your face over it so it comes into contact with the steam for a few minutes. Rinse, dry and apply a light oil free moisturiser.