I receive most of my phone calls on my mobile phone, so when the landline rings at home I always cringe and when an unrecognised number appears on the screen, my heart seems to skip a beat.
I always answer it though, why is that?...
Because always in the back of my mind I am envisaging some major family catastrophe that I need to know about and if I don't answer the phone I will never know the news!!..... I mentioned I had a mobile right?
Anyhoo... 9 times out of 10 when the landline rings during the day or at 6pm in the evening it is always a telemarketer. Why do I pay an excess on my monthly phone bill for a "silent" number when I am going to get these calls anyway?
So of course I inevitably answer the phone and who do they ask for?
Always my husband! This immediately gets my back up. Why do they need to speak to him? Am I not good enough?..... Wait, hang on! I don't want to speak to them anyway! Sure you can speak to him... except he's never available!!
So what are the best comebacks you can use when a telemarketer calls:-
- Put your 4 year old on the line and tell them that it's Santa, this will keep them busy for ages!
- When they ask "How are you today" tell them..... "my back hurts", I'm so tired after......", "I'm just dealing with a death in the family"...... soon shuts them up......
- Keep saying "no" over and over until they hang up on you... "no".."no".."no"..no".
- Ask them if they wouldn't mind holding the line while you clean up the blood......
- Tell them you are going deaf and they need to speak up... tell them this over and over and over... so funny!
- Pretend to speak to them in a foreign language..
- Tell them "you know my name, what is your name and home number? I will give you a call back at a time more convenient to me"..
- Flirt on the phone, "what are you wearing"?..... "How you doin'"? etc they will hang up pretty quick.
After going through these I am actually looking forward to my next telemarketer call, bring it on!!
What is your best tip to get rid of a telemarketer? Are you a telemarketer?
Now to the Link Up!
Why not subscribe to receive a reminder about the link up
We had some more great blogs link up this week. This weeks most clicked post was a recipe for Coconut Ladoo, an Indian dessert recipe from Simple Mama At Home.
All featured posts get Pinned to my Stumble Pinterest Board
Why not give me a follow on Pinterest
How to Link Up
- Add your post URL that you would like "Stumbled" and "Stumble/Add" a minimum of 5 posts in the Link Up to your Stumble Upon account. Maybe have a read of the other blogs and perhaps leave a comment or two while you are there...
- Only add posts to the link up from your own site
- Add your profile and "Follow" everyone in the "Profile link up".
- Please also note that anything inappropriate will not be added and will be removed from the link up.
- If you feel inclined, grab the link up Button and place it somewhere on your blog (Button is on the side bar)
- If your post doesn't fit into an obvious category, please let us all know which category you would like your post "stumbled" in, by leaving a comment.
- Please note that by linking up, you are giving me permission to use your images should your posts be featured next week, all credit and links back to your blog will be provided.
You can make your posts easier to Stumble by placing this Stumble Button on your post.