Step 1 – Design Your Tabs
Decide what theme you want your tab buttons to take. As you can see with mine, my blog is all about girls and the colour tone of my blog is very “Pink”, hence my tab buttons are too.
I designed mine through Canva, a free photo editing application.
You can import one of your own pictures and edit that to your liking or you can design a picture from scratch.
- Decide on the size you want your tabs to be, mine are approximately 40mm (width) X 10 mm (height)
- There are lots of different design options you can use, whether they are small banners like mine or text only. The limit is only your imagination.
- Save your designs for easy access for the next stage.
Step 2 – Coding and Importing Your Category Tabs into Blogger
Once you have all your tabs designed and saved, import them into “Photo Bucket”.
Now comes the fun part, coding and importing your tabs into your blog.
- Copy and paste the above code into a word document, this makes changing the highlighted sections to your details for each tab that much easier.
- Change the highlighted sections with your own details.
- Do this for every tab you are creating.
- Go to the “Layout” section in “Blogger”
- Click “Add a Gadget”
- Copy and paste your code from your word document into this section
- Click “Rich Text” just so you can see that your tabs are coming through correctly.
- Once done, save and move your tabs into your desired position on your blog, whether that be along the top or in your sidebar.
If you have any blogging tips of your own please feel free to add it to the following link up.