We love “Iced Tea” and after spending so much money on store bought varieties, I have now started making my own.
This is a quick and easy recipe and even my older two girls have been know to whip up a batch when the supply is getting low in the fridge.
Lemon Iced Tea
- Place 7 tea bags in the 2 litre jug and fill it 1/4 full with boiling water
- Cover the jug and and let the tea bags infuse for about 5-10 minutes. Keep it covered, it is important to keep the tea hot while it is brewing.
- Stir with the tea bags in the jug then take them out
- Put in sugar and stir it until it has dissolved
- Fill the remainder of the jug up with cold water
- Squeeze in some lemon juice to taste and put in some lemon slices
- Serve over ice with extra lemon if desired