Your Sister Is Your Best Friend
I am having so much trouble at the moment with Miss G and Miss T and their fighting. I swear I’m going to send myself on a “Mummy Time Out” soon, somewhere where there is lot’s of wine and chocolate.
It is endless…. I dread the school morning rush, because the fighting starts the moment they get out of bed, until the moment they leave the house and then starts back up again in the afternoon.
Miss G has no concept of personal space and insists on sitting on top of everyone, which inevitably results in the screaming and yelling from Miss T.
I look at my older two girls and try and remember what they were like when they were the same age.
Did they fight this much??? I can’t really remember, maybe I have just blanked it out, a form PTSD if you will. My mother however insists that they did and often it was worse.
My older girls get on so well now, I’m not saying they don’t get on each others nerves occasionally, but these days altercations are very few and far between.
So maybe there is a light at the end of the tunnel for my younger two, sooner rather than later…I sure hope so, because it’s driving me crazy!
I am an only child, I would have loved a sibling to spend time with, to do things with, to play together….. to take some of the blame….. they seriously don’t know how very lucky they are.
With that in mind here are 10 reasons why is your sister the most important person in your life?
- You are the only ones who truly understand and can commiserate with each other when your parents are just so embarrassing and she understands your jokes at your parents expense.
- You can be yourself in front of her…… all the time. There is no pretending, besides she can tell if you are trying to be something your’e not and believe me she will definitely pull you up on it and tell you to get your head out of your arse…
- She is the only one who will give you an honest opinion if you have plastered too much makeup on your face, are wearing something that looks terrible. She will not feel awkward or guilty for giving you an honest opinion.
- She will offer you great advice. Especially if she is an older sister, she has been there done that. You can benefit from her recent experience.
- You can borrow each others clothes, thus in effect doubling your own wardrobe.
- You always have someone to go and see that latest Nicholas Sparks movie with.
- You never feel lonely. There is always someone to go to for a chat, to listen to music together, or to just hang or go shopping with.
- She will make your wedding absolutely amazing and make the choice of choosing your bridesmaids that much easier….it is a given..
- You know that no matter how much you piss each other off at times, that she will always have your back no matter what.
- As you grow up, find partners, have children, your sisters will always be there to help you navigate these milestones. Whether it’s a shoulder to cry on, someone to laugh with, celebrate with…. or hell if you just need an emergency babysitter for a few hours. Your sister is someone that you can rely on to just drop everything and be there if you need her.