Well Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have had a baby daughter!
The first Royal Princess born to the British Royal family in 25 years, that alone is cause for celebration.
After the arrival of cutie Prince George, now comes the opportunity for Kate to mould a little girl in her image, because isn’t that what all mothers of girls ultimately want? A little “mini me ” running around!
With that in mind, I thought maybe she could do with some advice and tips on raising daughters.
Everything she she needs to look out for and everything she should teach her daughter in the years to come.
- Buy a share in a shampoo and conditioner company, you will go through so much of the stuff that being a majority shareholder just makes really good business sense.
- Your underwear will disappear. If they keep forgetting to put their dirty ones in the wash or dirty clothes in general (yuck yes I know) yours will start disappearing.
- A “duck face selfie” is never a good idea….ever……
- Sending nude photos over text or social media is never a good idea…..ever…..ever…ever….ever
- Make up – Less is more…… that is all……
- There are “short shorts” and then there are “shorter shorts”… the later is never OK.
- To be proud of herself and learn to love the attributes she was born with. Not everyone looks the same and models on the cover of a magazine have been airbrushed to oblivion.
- To have confidence in herself and not be afraid of making a few mistakes, after all that is how we learn.
- To let her opinion known loud and proud. The days of “lady like” behaviour is over (within reason), she has a voice so let it be heard!
- Don’t get a boyfriend just so she can say “I have a boyfriend”. Make sure he is worthy of her and treats her with respect. Sometimes waiting is worth it.
- Make sure your 9 year old dresses like a nine year old, not like a Kardashian.
- Teach her that girls can play soccer, cricket and rugby and that yes, they can even beat the boys.
- Let her know that becoming friends with the “Mean Girls” or the popular group is extremely tiring and is a lot of hard work. She is much better off with a small select group of friends that like her for just being her.
- Reading is great, there is nothing better than curling up with an old classic, in her favourite fluffy socks in front of the fire. Pop on a Nicholas Sparks movie and lose herself for a while. Sometimes we all need a lazy Friday night, she doesn’t need to go out all the time.
- No tattoos until she has completely thought out the design and location. Also make sure she is sober and of sound mind. She doesn’t want to live with something that she is always going to have to look at with regret.
- There is such a thing as dyeing her hair too much, no one wants to look like the scarecrow from the Wizard of Oz.
- Make sure she picks the right shade of foundation, no one wants to look like an Oompa Loompa.
- Usually DIY fake tan is a bad idea…..a bad idea……
- Join the fun on the Barbie Bieber and Beyond Facebook page, you never know what helpful tips you might pick up!