Taking The Perfect Selfie
Does your teenage daughter spend 5 hours per week taking selfies?
Well according to the latest research the average 16-25 year old girl/woman spends 5 hours per week doing just this!
Now, I have never been able to master the art of the perfect selfie like Kim Kardashian.
No matter how hard I try, mine always end up looking like a blurry mess that shows off my double chin to perfection.
Miss E has tried to give me lessons but to no avail, I never know where to look at the phone and my eyes always look like I just downed a cask of the best Sauvignon Blanc.
She always takes the perfect “selfie”
Maybe if I spent 5 hours per week taking selfies my expertise in this area would be perfect!
Until that happens these are apparently the best tips for taking that perfect selfie, according to Miss E…
- Instead of taking the shot front on, take the selfie from a side angle. Work out which is your best side and take it from there.
- Angle the camera slightly above yourself instead of aiming it level with your face.
Take the picture from above to avoid any “double chins”
- Make sure you have good lighting, natural light is best.
- Stand or sit as still possible and keep your camera arm steady, or they will turn out..blurry…. (ahem)
- Take a few shots in quick succession. Most phones and camera have this option, this will give you a few options to choose from.
- Strike a pose and don’t be shy, pretend that you don’t have a group of people across the road staring at you and laughing.
- A filter is your best friend. If you are not the best “selfie” taker, a filter can often save your tragic attempt.
A filter is your friend
- Look at the picture while you are taking it. Most cameras have this option on your phone. Make sure you switch the view around so you can view the picture as you take it.
- Invest in a “selfie” stick. They are the best!
- Look like you are having fun!
There you have it from Miss E, the art of taking the perfect “selfie”…..