Sometimes raising children is hard……very hard….
Sometimes it’s hard to put into words the joy and love we feel for our daughters and yes also those times of frustration and angst too.
So I have compiled some quotes said by those, who can often express what we cannot..
Quotes For Parents Of Daughters
- “When I come home, my daughter will run to the door and give me a big hug, and everything that’s happened that day just melts away”. – Hugh Jackman
- “A Daughter is just a little girl who grows up to be your best friend.
A daughter is a miracle that never ceases to be miraculous.”
- “Her Smile makes me smile. Her laugh is infectious. Her heart is pure and true. Above all I love that she is my daughter.”
- “Yes, I do have a beautiful daughter. I also have a gun, a shovel and an alibi.”
- “The more daughter knows the details of her mother’s life, the stronger the daughter.”
- “A daughter may outgrow your lap, but she will never outgrow your heart.”
- “Dear Daughter, If I could give you one thing in life, I would give you the ability to see yourself through my eyes. Only then will you realise how special you are to me.”
- “A mother who radiates self-love and self-acceptance actually vaccinates her daughter against low self-esteem.” – Naomi Wolf
- “A son is a son till he takes him a wife, a daughter is a daughter all of her life.” ~Irish Saying
- “Mothers and daughters are closest, when daughters become mothers.” ~Author Unknown
- “Many a man wishes he were strong enough to tear a telephone book in half – especially if he has a teenage daughter.”~Guy Lombardo
- “There’s something like a line of gold thread running through a man’s words when he talks to his daughter, and gradually over the years it gets to be long enough for you to pick up in your hands and weave into a cloth that feels like love itself.” ~John Gregory Brown
- “A father is always making his baby into a little woman. And when she is a woman he turns her back again.” ~Enid Bagnold
- “Daughters are like flowers, they fill the world with beauty, and sometimes attract pests.”~Author Unknown
- “We’ve begun to raise daughters more like sons, but few have the courage to raise our sons more like our daughters.” ~Gloria Steinem
- “Old as she was, she still missed her daddy sometimes.” ~Gloria Naylor
- “Certain is it that there is no kind of affection so purely angelic as of a father to a daughter. In love to our wives there is desire; to our sons, ambition, but to our daughters there is something which there are no words to express.”― Joseph Addison
- “I’m blessed and I couldn’t be more grateful. Do you want to know why? Because I’m a mother, but that’s only half of it. I’m blessed because, when I need to, I can still just be a daughter. I get the feeling that there is nothing more precious than to have both of these roles, simultaneously.” ― Adrianna Stepiano
- “You should write a book,” Ron told Hermione as he cut up his potatoes, “translating mad things girls do so boys can understand them.” ― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- “I’ve got two daughters who will have to make their way in this skinny-obsessed world, and it worries me, because I don’t want them to be empty-headed, self-obsessed, emaciated clones; I’d rather they were independent, interesting, idealistic, kind, opinionated, original, funny – a thousand things, before ‘thin’. And frankly, I’d rather they didn’t give a gust of stinking chihuahua flatulence whether the woman standing next to them has fleshier knees than they do. Let my girls be Hermiones, rather than Pansy Parkinsons.” ― J.K. Rowling
- “Courage, sacrifice, determination, commitment, toughness, heart, talent, guts. That’s what little girls are made of; to heck with sugar and spice.” ― Bethany Hamilton, Soul Surfer
- “She seemed glad to see me when I appeared in the kitchen, and by watching her I began to think there was some skill involved in being a girl.” ― Harper Lee, To Kill a Mockingbird